Friday, November 20, 2009

Walgreen Tips

Walgreens aka WAGS

- you can use a manufacturer coupon plus a walgreens coupon on one item.

- when you use a walgreens coupon and buying multiple of that item, you only need one coupon, it will take that amount off for how many items you have

- sometimes with coupon amounts you'll actually be "making" money so you need to buy more than those items...they aren't going to give you money back, etc.  The order of your coupons comes into play to, always give the manufacture coupon first then the walgreens coupon.  This is a scenario from the other week:  In the wags weekly ad on front page was a in ad wags coupon that made kleenex $1.09 a box.  Ok so I had mfq (manufacturer) coupons that were 50 cents off 3 boxes and there was a $1 instant savings wags coupon in their monthly coupon book.  So if you do the math.... $1.09 - $1 - .16 is negative amount (money maker)  So what you do is make sure you hand your coupons in a certain order.  The order you want to hand would be your mfq, then the $1 instant savings wag coupon, then the $1.09 ad price coupon.  If I have more things I'm buying with coupons I generally mix them too so they aren't right next to each in order.  So I bought 9 boxes kleenex, 1 cottonelle, 1 box trash bags....my coupons were in order of 3 kleenex mfq, 1 cottonelle mfq, $1 instant savings on kleenex, in ad coupon for cottonelle and in ad coupon for kleenex. 

- you'll see when I give you wags scenarios for the week that I do multiple transactions each week.  I will do a couple each time I go, never had a problem the cashiers are ok with it.  That is how I maximize my register rewards (RRs) and rolling them into more and not paying $$$ for stuff.

- most of the stores take internet coupons (I have only heard of one store on Mineral Point Rd in Madison, WI that doesn't)

No comments:

Post a Comment